Building a High Performing and Committed Team Through Psychological Safety
A practical leadership toolkit to build a “fearless” workplace
- Understand the importance of team psychological safety.
- Unearth the benefits of team psychological safety for the team and the organisation in a hybrid work environment.
- Conduct a team psychological safety analysis and identify the level of Psychological Safety results of the team.
- Identify the strengths and areas for improvement in your team in the four domains of Psychological Safety.
- Equip the practical tips, tools and skills to enhance the practice in the four domains of Psychological Safety.
- Create and strengthen a team’s psychological safety culture where members feel “safe” to ask questions and share ideas and concerns to practice growth mindset and improve learning and other key areas.
- Participants will receive a personal report that measures the psychological safety in their respective team based on Prof. Amy Edmondson’s The Fearless Organisation Scan.
Why you should attend
“According to the Google researchers, the number one key factor of effective teams is psychological safety in the team.”
Psychological safety in the team is the cornerstone for a team’s performance and innovation. Being safe and feeling safe is a fundamental need for every individual in an effective team at any workplace. According to Prof Amy Edmondson of Harvard Business School, “Psychological safety is a belief that one will not be punished or humiliated for speaking up with ideas, questions, concerns or mistakes.”
When a team has a low level of psychological safety, the team members avoid speaking up about their questions and sharing their ideas, concerns and risks. Furthermore, if the mistakes are held against the team member(s), there will be a fear to make mistakes. This will hinder learning, continuous improvement, innovation and thus, damper the team’s productivity and performance.
On the other hand, when a team has a high level of psychological safety, trust is built which strengthens the team’s diversity as they value the different complementary strengths of every team member and psychological safety enable them to feel welcomed, respected and included in the team.
If you are a leader managing a team or a champion of a cross functional project, in person or in a hybrid setting, it is extremely crucial to reap the benefits of upholding psychological safety not just to overcome the rapid changes and complex challenges brought forth by the pandemic and ever changing economic and business situations, but also to achieve and excel in delivering business outcomes.
Who Should Attend
Directors, Vice Presidents, Department Heads, Managers and Team Leads in charge of:
- Human resources
- Organisational development
- Change management
- Team management
- Performance management
- Employer branding
- Employee experience
- Project management
- Other departments
1-2 November 2022 (Tuesday-Wednesday)
9.00am – 5.00pm
Early Bird: on or before 7 October 2022
28-29 November 2022 (Monday-Tuesday),
9.00am – 5.00pm
Early Bird: on or before 28 October 2022
5-6 December 2022 (Monday-Tuesday)
9.00am – 5.00pm
Early Bird: on or before 5 November 2022
*7% GST applies to Singapore based companies and individuals
**Group discounts applicable
***HRD Corp (formerly known as HRDF) claimable under SBL scheme
About HR Masterclass
As the training division of Human Resources, HR Masterclass Series takes a proactive role in organising a regionalseries of public and in-house training courses across Asia. Together with our conferences and awards shows, these courses form part of a complete suite of events specifically tailored for senior HR professionals. Courses are conducted in a personalised and interactive workshop setting with practical case studies and exercises from our expert trainer. Delegates will take away global best practices, fresh ideas and customised solutions for implementation back in their organisations.
HR Masterclass Series is committed to being a trusted learning partner of HR practitioners throughout Asia.
Past HR Masterclass series delegates
- AEON Credit Service
- Alliance Bank Malaysia
- Allianz Insurance
- ASTRO Malaysia
- Bank Negara Malaysia
- Bumi Armada
- Carrier International
- DSO National Laboratories Singapore
- Fuji Xerox
- Fujitsu Asia
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts
- Hong Kong Jockey Club
- International SOS
- Kantar Health
- Malaysia Airlines
- Malaysia Airports Holdings
- Maxis Mobile
- McCann Erickson
- MediaCorp Singapore
- National Australia Bank
- S P Setia
- Sands China
- Schneider Electric
- Sime Darby
- Singapore National Eye Centre
- Singapore Press Holdings
- SMCP Hong Kong
- SME Bank Malaysia
- Suntec Singapore
- Telekom Malaysia
- Tenaga Nasional Berhad
- The Walt Disney Company
- Tune Hotels
- United Overseas Bank (UOB)
- VADS Berhad
- Yale-NUS College
- Yokogawa Engineering
- Zurich Insurance