Employee Journey Mapping
An employee journey map is a way of visualizing the various stages an employee goes through in their time with a company. It allows you to identify pain points and critical moments where employee feedback and action are needed to close the gap from a current to a desired state.
Although journey mapping started out as part of customer experience programs, organisations have increasingly found journey mapping useful in helping them to understand what matters most to employees, which in turn shapes employee experience in the organisation and help them improve key outcomes such as engagement, motivation and productivity.
The benefits of employee journey mapping include:
• 90% of organizations who used journey mapping found it delivered a positive impact by improving employee experience
• Journey mapping lead to an increase in employee as well as their customer satisfaction.
• Journey mapping lead to an increase in Net Promoter Score (NPS).
• Reduced employee churn.
• Fewer customer complaints.
The basis of employee journey mapping is this: every employee is at a different stage in their journey with the company, and taking a lifecycle approach to employee experience to capture feedback and insights at every stage of the lifecycle would allow organisations to understand the moments that matter most to employees.
So join us in this virtual workshop to learn and utilise employee journey mapping today!
How You Can Benefit!
- Utilise employee journey mapping to identify moments along the employee journey that matter most and improve engagement, attrition and productivity.
- Identify pain points and critical moments where employee feedback and action are needed to close the gap from a current to a desired state.
- Identify the employee personas relevant to your organisation and map out their employee journeys.
- Map feedback and insights to each stage of the employee journey lifecycle.
Who Should Attend
- Chief Human Capital Officers
- Directors, Vice Presidents, Department Heads, Managers and Team Leads in charge of:
- Human Resources
- Employee Experience
- Learning & Development
- Organisational Development
- Change Management
- Team Management
- Performance Management
- C&B/Total Rewards
- Other departments in the HR function
- HR Business Partners and Consultants
- Agile Coaches
All other professional/business stakeholders involved in organisational development, employee experience, change management, team management, performance management and Agile transformation.
Early BirdRegister by 18 Sep
Standard Rate19 Sep onwards
Group Discount: 10% off for Group Registrations of 3 delegates or more
*HRDF-registered employers in Malaysia would be able to claim rebates under SBL scheme.
*Human Resources Development Fund (HRDF)
Malaysia – Under the Human Resources Development Fund (HRDF), registered employers can claim rebates for trainings conducted by an overseas trainer/ training provider. For more information, please download here.