Strategies for Effective Succession Planning
Date: 28 March 2024
Time: 9am – 1pm GMT +8
Succession planning is a critical component of organisational sustainability and growth. This workshop is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and tools necessary to develop and implement effective succession planning strategies. Succession planning ensures that any business is prepared for leadership transitions and can continue to thrive in an ever-changing business landscape.
Key learning outcomes
By the end of this training session, participants will:
- Understand the importance of succession planning in organizational success
- Learn how to identify and assess potential successors.
- Develop strategies for talent development and leadership readiness.
- Gain insights into best practices for creating a succession plan.
- Explore ways to communicate succession planning results to key stakeholders.
- Learn how to monitor and adapt succession plans in a dynamic environment.
Who should attend
Designed for mid-level HR professionals who is responsible for talent management and leadership development within their organisation. Looking to learn succession planning and enhancing their skills to drive organisational success.
- Head of HR and Talent Development / Senior Manager / Manager
- HR Advisor
- Talent Co-ordinator
- Talent Specialist / Manager
- Head of Talent
- Director of Talent
About the trainer
About the trainer
HR & Leadership Development Consultant
Glenn Smith has over 12 years of experience in talent development and management. He is a seasoned HR leader with a strong commercial and people orientation. He has spent the last nine years in Asia, working in ten different countries ranging from South Korea to Indonesia.
Glenn also has experience working in MNCs and start-up organisations. He has a natural flair for communication, coaching, and group facilitation. He is very experienced at creating impactful workshops to empower and develop leaders in their roles. His previous clients include Merling Entertainment and Korn Ferry.
“I was given a rare opportunity to work and report directly to Glenn during my time at the Adecco Group. If it was not for Glenn and his classroom training workshops, one-on-one coaching and several walk-and-talk sessions, I would not be the Talent Specialist that I am today. Glenn's industry knowledge and expertise as an HR leader, recruiter, manager and trainer speaks for itself. His work ethic, ambition, ability to connect with colleagues and clients, but to also have a huge amount of fun in the process is something I hadn't experienced before or since. I learnt a huge amount from Glenn which I continue to use on a daily basis, and this is probably the best compliment I can pay him.”
Group Head of L&D, People and Operations, Asia
The Edge Partnership
“Mr. Glenn Smith, Learning & Development Manager is a great trainer and experienced coach who I never meet before. He really inspired me to unleash my 100% working ability in my daily sales field whenever I joined and completed his brilliant training sessions including management training. Always I learned something valuable from Glenn in order for me to fit into my managerial skills. Without saying anything, I dare to say I can't meet anyone else wherever I go.”
Career Coach & Senior Director
“Glenn is an excellent trainer - he is irrepressibly enthusiastic and passionate about development, and he brings a wealth of experience in HR, management and coaching to the classroom. Glenn's warmth and personal integrity make him very popular with his colleagues across the globe, and it's a pleasure to work closely with him.”
28 March 2024
Session 1: Introduction to Succession Planning
- Understanding the role of succession planning in organisational sustainability
- Benefits of effective succession planning
- Key terminology and concepts
Session 2: Identifying and Assessing Potential Successors
- Methods for identifying high-potential talent
- Assessing leadership competencies and potential
- Practical exercises and case studies
Morning Break 1
Session 3: Talent Development and Leadership Readiness
- Developing leadership development programs
- Creating a culture of continuous learning
Session 4: Creating a Succession Plan
- Components of a comprehensive succession plan
- Succession planning models and frameworks
- Aligning succession plans with organisational goals
Morning Break 2
Session 5: Implementing and Communicating Succession Plans
- Strategies for successful implementation
- Measuring and monitoring succession plan effectiveness
Closing remarks and Q&A
28 March 2024, 9am – 1pm GMT +8
*FOR FIRST 10 TICKETS ONLY*
*8% GST applies to Singapore based companies and individuals.
**Group discounts applicable.
***For payment made by 31 December 2023, 8% GST applies for Singapore-based companies and individuals.
****Any payment made from 1 January 2024, 9% GST applies for Singapore-based companies and individuals.
***The mode of delivery for this virtual class is Zoom.
- All bookings are final.
- Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate is welcome at no extra charge.
- HRO Masterclass Series cannot provide any refunds for cancellations.
- HRO Masterclass Series reserves the rights to alter the programme without notice, including the substitution, amendment or cancellation of trainers and/or topics.
- HRO Masterclass Series is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of a substitution, alteration, postponement or cancellation of the event.