Talent Management Strategy for HR Leaders
Date: 29-30 January 2024
Time: 9am – 1pm
Location: Virtual (GMT+8)
2024 is the beginning of a new chapter of work. This means the same old talent management strategies will no longer cut it. It is high time HR leaders embrace and integrate new frameworks and cutting-edge tools that drive agility while empowering their teams to unlock their full potential for enhanced productivity and performance.
Every HR leader’s agenda for the year is full of plans to drive change and generate tangible business results for both their people and organisations. But where do they start?
This two-day masterclass deep dives into the next necessary steps for every HR practitioner who is looking at:
- Creating a talent management strategy for 2024 and beyond
- Aligning talent management with business strategy
- Exploring some key elements of talent management
Key learning outcomes
- A clear understanding of talent management and its key components
- Greater appreciation of business strategy and how to align talent management strategy
- More confidence when engaging and influencing stakeholders
- Practical ideas on how to retain and engage employees
- Deeper knowledge of performance management and how to build a robust and effective framework
- Greater understanding of succession and career planning and how to implement it successfully
Who should attend
Mid-level HR professionals with talent experience looking to broaden their skills and expertise, as well as those in charge of aligning talent management strategy with overall business goals.
- Talent Manager
- Lead, Talent and Learning
- Manager, Talent Development
- Hr Manager
About the trainer
About the trainer
HR & Leadership Development Consultant
Glenn Smith has over 12 years of experience in talent development and management. He is a seasoned HR leader with a strong commercial and people orientation. He has spent the last nine years in Asia, working in ten different countries ranging from South Korea to Indonesia.
Glenn also has experience working in MNCs and start-up organisations. He has a natural flair for communication, coaching, and group facilitation. He is very experienced at creating impactful workshops to empower and develop leaders in their roles. His previous clients include Merling Entertainment and Korn Ferry.
“I was given a rare opportunity to work and report directly to Glenn during my time at the Adecco Group. If it was not for Glenn and his classroom training workshops, one-on-one coaching and several walk-and-talk sessions, I would not be the Talent Specialist that I am today. Glenn's industry knowledge and expertise as an HR leader, recruiter, manager and trainer speaks for itself. His work ethic, ambition, ability to connect with colleagues and clients, but to also have a huge amount of fun in the process is something I hadn't experienced before or since. I learnt a huge amount from Glenn which I continue to use on a daily basis, and this is probably the best compliment I can pay him.”
Group Head of L&D, People and Operations, Asia
The Edge Partnership
“Mr. Glenn Smith, Learning & Development Manager is a great trainer and experienced coach who I never meet before. He really inspired me to unleash my 100% working ability in my daily sales field whenever I joined and completed his brilliant training sessions including management training. Always I learned something valuable from Glenn in order for me to fit into my managerial skills. Without saying anything, I dare to say I can't meet anyone else wherever I go.”
Career Coach & Senior Director
“Glenn is an excellent trainer - he is irrepressibly enthusiastic and passionate about development, and he brings a wealth of experience in HR, management and coaching to the classroom. Glenn's warmth and personal integrity make him very popular with his colleagues across the globe, and it's a pleasure to work closely with him.”
29 January 2024
- What is talent management? How does it fit into the HR ecosystem?
- What are the key trends impacting talent management in 2024?
- Exploring the broad concepts of talent management, why it is important and the value it can deliver
- Gaining a deeper understanding of how talent management fits in and relates to the other functions of HR
- Investigating the trends and challenges impacting talent management in 2024 and beyond
Understanding Business Strategy and Aligning Talent Management Strategy Closely to It
- Key elements to developing a winning strategy
- How to adopt a more commercial mindset and understand more about business strategy
- Learning how to align talent strategy to business strategy and ensuring we are delivering business value
Retaining and Engagement Strategies. Keeping Our People, Ensuring They Are Engaged and Measuring It
- Understanding what motivates and engages people
- Exploring best practise strategies for engaging and retaining team members and how to measure success
30 January 2024
Performance Management - Do We Need It?
- Exploring the fundamentals of performance management and how to get the best out of people
- Investigating how the best companies do it!
- How to introduce measurements (KPI, OKRs) that drive performance and behaviour
Talent reviews and Strategic Workforce Planning
- Gaining a deeper understanding of talent reviews & and how to set the process up.
- Introduction to strategic workforce planning, what it does and how to do it effectively.
Succession and Career Planning
- Understanding how to deliver real value through succession planning.
- How to create career pathways that are transparent and engaging.
29-30 January 2024 , 9am – 1pm
*8% GST applies to Singapore based companies and individuals.
**Group discounts applicable.
***For payment made by 31 December 2023, 8% GST applies for Singapore-based companies and individuals.
****Any payment made from 1 January 2024, 9% GST applies for Singapore-based companies and individuals.
***The mode of delivery for this virtual class is Zoom.
- All bookings are final.
- Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate is welcome at no extra charge.
- HRO Masterclass Series cannot provide any refunds for cancellations.
- HRO Masterclass Series reserves the rights to alter the programme without notice, including the substitution, amendment or cancellation of trainers and/or topics.
- HRO Masterclass Series is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of a substitution, alteration, postponement or cancellation of the event.