Understanding People Issues Through Data
“Without data you’re just another person with an opinion” – W. Edwards Deming
There has been growing interest in analytics over the past decade; particularly how data can be leveraged to create value for organisations through analytics, by augmenting and improving the decision-making processes to the point where many organisations have sought to build core competencies in analytics to fuel their growth. While HR came to the analytics game a little later, a growing number of HR leaders are recognising the potential that their HR data could hold, and HR functions are seeing greater interest and adoption of analytics in recent times.
However, many HR professionals and functions continue to struggle to build the sustainable capabilities. It stems from various factors, depending on each organisation’s maturity in the HR Analytics, which include:
• A lack of awareness of what analytics is…and isn’t; and/or
• A lack of the requisite quantitative and data skills; and/or
• A lack of the necessary data storytelling skills
With these gaps in mind, this is but ONE in a series of workshops as part of an integrated HR Analytics curriculum intended to address each gap.
• Understanding People issues through Data – A 2-day foundational workshop intended to provide a broad yet comprehensive overview to HR analytics
• Solving HR problems with data – A 2-day intermediate workshop that focuses on the more technical aspects along the analytics value chain
(o Also available in 2 modular 1-day ZOOM workshops – HR Data Management and Reporting and Diagnosing HR issues with Data)
• Building a compelling HR Data narrative – A 2-day intermediate workshop that focuses on the softer aspects of the analytics value chain
(o Also available in 2 modular 1-day ZOOM workshops – Visualization Pivotal HR Insights and Building a compelling HR Data Story)
“Analytics” has been a very hot buzzword in recent years; and has led many organizations and professionals to invest heavily in the topic. But not many have it figured out; in fact, many continue to struggle to see returns on their investments. HR, being late to game are facing similar challenges, but can benefit by learning from their lessons.
This 2-day workshop is designed to provide a broad yet comprehensive overview of HR Analytics by introducing delegates to the analytics value chain; from defining the HR problem, to processing data, conducting analysis, making sense from the data and finally building a compelling HR narrative for decision making. Delegates will not only be introduced to key concepts, but also get their hands dirty with HR Data through realistic HR case simulation.
This workshop is targeted at HR practitioners who are keen to find out more about HR analytics and to try their hands at applying HR analytics in their areas of work. The workshop will be delivered through lectures, case studies, videos and interactive hands-on exercises that span across many HR
applications, delegates will be able to experience how HR Analytics can help organizations objectively and quantifiably understand their people issues through data and create value in the process.
How You Can Benefit!
- Appreciate the HR Analytics value chain, and how it can be applied to help organizations
objectively and quantifiably understand people issues through data
- Transform data into powerful insights in six simple steps and take away a structured analysis
framework for action.
- Appreciate fundamental technical skills in data management, data preparation and
transformation to facilitate analysis.
- Conduct descriptive analyses to inform and explain the state of the workforce and HR practices.
- Appreciate key concepts in statistics as a foundation to conducting analysis
- Exposure to the various statistical techniques applicable to understand people issues
- Build a concise, coherent, and compelling HR narrative to support decision making
- Experience applying the above through a realistic HR case in a facilitated capstone exercise
Who Should Attend
- HR professionals and practitioners who are keen to find out more about HR Analytics
- HR professionals and practitioners who are keen to experience what it takes to
o Succeed with HR Analytics
o Create value with HR Data
- HR leaders looking to unlock the potential in their HR data and build sustainable analytics
- HR business partners looking to build analytics skills play a more strategic role in their
- All other professionals with a keen interest in developing data analytics skills in the HR domain
- Prior data, analytics or statistics training is helpful, but not necessary
Early BirdRegister by 4 Feb
Standard Rate5 Feb Onwards
Group Discount: 10% off for Group Registrations of 3 delegates or more