Healing relational trauma through EMDR
Date: 19 April 2024
Location: Singapore, In-Person
Begin an exploration into the sophisticated world of Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy, acclaimed for its efficacy in addressing relational trauma.
In this intensive one-day workshop, this Masterclass presents a refined approach, seamlessly integrating principles of attachment theory with established EMDR methods. Thoughtfully designed for therapists, counsellors, and mental health professionals, this programme also welcomes those new to EMDR, who are eager to expand their knowledge and skills in managing the complex aspects of relational trauma.
Key learning outcomes
- Fundamentals of EMDR therapy: Participants will gain a solid understanding of the history and principles of EMDR, and its specific role and effectiveness in treating relational trauma.
- Integration of EMDR with attachment theory: A critical learning will be how to integrate attachment theory into EMDR therapy, enhancing its effectiveness in treating relational trauma by addressing underlying attachment issues.
- Application of EMDR techniques to relational trauma: Attendees will learn specific EMDR protocols and techniques tailored for relational trauma, including hands-on practice and demonstrations.
- Managing complex trauma cases with EMDR: Through the discussion of anonymised case studies and participants’ own cases, learners will understand how to apply EMDR in diverse and complex scenarios of relational trauma.
- Navigating stalled processing and client looping: The masterclass will provide in-depth strategies to address challenges such as stalled processing or client looping during EMDR therapy, enhancing therapeutic effectiveness.
- Dynamic and responsive approach to trauma therapy: Emphasising the importance of a dynamic and responsive approach, participants will learn to adapt their therapy techniques in real-time, responding to the evolving dynamics of the therapy session and the unique needs of each client.
These learnings combine theoretical knowledge with practical skills, ensuring that participants leave the masterclass equipped to effectively apply EMDR therapy in the treatment of relational trauma.
Who should attend
- Therapists and students in training towards learning credits
- Social workers
- Volunteers in mental health facilities
About the trainer
About the trainer
Trauma therapist, CEO & Founder
Heal with Nav
Navroop Sood is a leading trauma therapist, specializing in healing post-traumatic stress, constant and continuing trauma. She is the founder and CEO of Heal with Nav which provides trauma therapy and trainings.
Navroop is SAC-registered psychotherapist. Her qualifications range from Attachment focused- EMDR, Brainspotting, TRE and Somatic Experiencing. She uses a heart-centred, compassionate, calming and healing approach to transform pain into a rejuvenated purpose and a zest for life.
A passionate mental health advocate, Navroop is on a mission to increase awareness about trauma and the need for trauma-informed care. Ms. Sood has helped and trained hundreds of people for improving their cognitive, emotional and behavioural outcomes with her unique integrative technique of talk therapy and somatic work.
Welcome and introduction
- Welcome and introduction to the Masterclass.
- Brief overview of the day’s agenda.
Fundamentals of EMDR therapy in relational trauma
- Introduction to EMDR: history, principles.
- Exploration of EMDR specific to relational trauma.
- Integrating attachment theory with EMDR therapy.
EMDR techniques for relational trauma
- EMDR protocol.
- Float back technique.
Review and demonstration with volunteer participant
- Interactive discussion in relation to the demo.
- Practice session: Applying EMDR, hands-on practice session
- In-depth understanding and strategies to address stalled processing/client looping.
Closing and integration
- Summarising key learnings and strategies for integrating EMDR in practice. · Final Q&A and closing remarks.
19 April 2024, 9am-5pm
*9% GST applies to Singapore based companies and individuals.
**Group discounts applicable.
- All bookings are final.
- Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate is welcome at no extra charge.
- HRO Masterclass Series cannot provide any refunds for cancellations.
- HRO Masterclass Series reserves the rights to alter the programme without notice, including the substitution, amendment or cancellation of trainers and/or topics.
- HRO Masterclass Series is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of a substitution, alteration, postponement or cancellation of the event.