Mastering Learning & Development Strategy
Date: 8 – 9 May 2023
Time: 9am – 5pm
Location: Singapore, In-person
While the global climate remains uncertain, one thing for sure – learning and development (L&D) responsibilities will continue to grow, and will be playing an increasingly critical role in maximising business outcomes in 2023 and beyond.
With L&D undergoing a huge transformation, it is becoming more cross-functional and strategic as it works closely with the business to drive growth. This means L&D practitioners need to up the ante on their capabilities which will be crucial for driving business impact.
This two-day masterclass deep dives into the next necessary steps for every L&D practitioner who are looking at:
- Creating an L&D function that truly impacts the business and develops people.
- Understanding your business and aligning L&D strategy to business strategy.
- Exploring best practices for people development in 2023.
Key learning outcomes:
- A clear understanding of L&D and its key components.
- Greater appreciation of business strategy and how to align L&D strategy.
- More confidence in having stakeholder conversation and discovering what the business needs.
- More expertise and understanding in creating a blended learning approach.
- Practical tools and ideas on ensuring effective learning retention.
- Deep diving more about digital learning and how to do it well.
Who should attend
Mid-level HR professionals with talent experience looking to broaden their skills and expertise, as well as those in charge of aligning L&D strategy with overall business goals.
- Lead, Talent and Learning
- Manager, Talent Development
- Manager, Learning and Development
- HR Manager
About the trainer
About the trainer
HR & Leadership Development Consultant
Glenn Smith has over 12 years of experience in talent development and management. He is a seasoned HR leader with a strong commercial and people orientation. He has spent the last nine years in Asia, working in ten different countries ranging from South Korea to Indonesia.
Glenn also has experience working in MNCs and start-up organisations. He has a natural flair for communication, coaching, and group facilitation. He is very experienced at creating impactful workshops to empower and develop leaders in their roles. His previous clients include Merling Entertainment and Korn Ferry.
for more information.
Request For Brochure
“I was given a rare opportunity to work and report directly to Glenn during my time at the Adecco Group. If it was not for Glenn and his classroom training workshops, one-on-one coaching and several walk-and-talk sessions, I would not be the Talent Specialist that I am today. Glenn's industry knowledge and expertise as an HR leader, recruiter, manager and trainer speaks for itself. His work ethic, ambition, ability to connect with colleagues and clients, but to also have a huge amount of fun in the process is something I hadn't experienced before or since. I learnt a huge amount from Glenn which I continue to use on a daily basis, and this is probably the best compliment I can pay him.”
Group Head of L&D, People and Operations, Asia
The Edge Partnership
“Mr. Glenn Smith, Learning & Development Manager is a great trainer and experienced coach who I never meet before. He really inspired me to unleash my 100% working ability in my daily sales field whenever I joined and completed his brilliant training sessions including management training. Always I learned something valuable from Glenn in order for me to fit into my managerial skills. Without saying anything, I dare to say I can't meet anyone else wherever I go.”
Career Coach & Senior Director
“Glenn is an excellent trainer - he is irrepressibly enthusiastic and passionate about development, and he brings a wealth of experience in HR, management and coaching to the classroom. Glenn's warmth and personal integrity make him very popular with his colleagues across the globe, and it's a pleasure to work closely with him.”
8 May 2023
- What exactly is L&D? What role does it play in the HR ecosystem? What are the major trends influencing L&D in 2023?
- Understand the scope of L&D and how it can add value and impact business success.
- Explore how L&D fits into and interacts with other HR functions.
- Examine the trends and challenges affecting learning and development in 2023 and beyond
Understanding business strategy and aligning L&D strategy closely to it
- How to become an effective business partner
- How to develop a commercial mindset and learn more about business strategy
- Learn how to align L&D strategy with business strategy and deliver business value.
Defining business and learning outcomes
- Learn how to deeply understand the learning and business outcomes of every learning intervention
- How to engage with stakeholders to create development programmes to lead to lasting change
Designing a blended learning experience
- Understand the concept of blended learning and how it is effective
- Explore learning models for impactful development including the 70:20:10 rule of learning
Closing remarks and end of Day 1
9 May 2023
Creating an impactful workshop
- How to design and write a workshop or programme that gives the WOW factor
- Explore how to drive engagement and keep interest in a workshop
- How to introduce activities and exercises to help people learn
Driving knowledge transfer – making the learning stick!
- How to ensure people don’t forget what they learned
- Explore the science of knowledge retention
- Investigate how to know the learning intervention actually worked
- Learn how and what to measure to demonstrate value to the business
Digital learning – Doing it well
- A deep dive into digital learning, what it is, and how to do it well
- Learn from the best in the world, and how have they done it well
- Drive engagement and participation in digital learning